tagged me for this...
1. You must post these rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create new questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal
4. Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
5. No tag backs.
6. No crap in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this." You have to tag 10 people
1. Artist or Writer?
Writer, mostly, but i do like to draw and take pictures of pretty scenery and whatnot every now and then.
2. What helps you create art/prose/poetry?
well, i don't just write or draw randomly. i have to have the inspiration from something or it will turn out horribly. inspiration can come from anywhere, music, movies, anime/manga, books, art..... anything, really, and that inspiration does come randomly. even when i don't want more to write or draw. XD
3. Do you have other hobbies besides art/writing? If so, what?
i like to sing and dance, listen to music, etc. i love to cook as well. i think i'm best at baking, but i'm also pretty good with breakfast type stuff (mostly stuff involving eggs) and a few italian type dishes (spaghetti and rotini pasta bake)
4. Do you use special tools to create?
not really. for writing, i usually write it in a spiral notebook first, get everything sorted out there and figure out what to add and take away, than type it up and fix whatever needs to be fixed. for writing, i just use a pencil, eraser, and sketchbook to draw than use a scanner to get it on a computer so that i can upload it onto here.
5. What inspires you?
anything and everything? like i said before, inspiration comes from everywhere for me.
6. Do you have a role model/muse? Who are they?
for writing? no. i have a lot of people that i admire because of their skills and whatnot, but i don't exactly see them as role models or muses. for drawing, i do have a few muses/role models here on deviantart, and that would be and
7. Are you more inclined toward fan works or original pieces?
fan works. definitely. i've never really had any inspiration to write any original work on my own. the only time i have written any was in school. for drawing, i have a lot more original work than fan work. i'm not very confident in my skills, so i don't really want to draw any characters that are already created... i know why i don't want to, but i can't exactly explain it.
8. What is one goal that you'd like to achieve with your work?
i don't really have any goals, i just write and draw for fun. i guess one goal could be to simply get better.
9. Is there anything you'd like to improve about your style?
not for writing. not anything specific, anyways. for drawing? um, proportions, shading... actually be able to draw feet and hands... i can go on for a while. there's lots that i want to improve. ^^()
10. How do you handle artist/writer's block?
i don't really. for the most part, i just do what i normally do, with the addition of listening to more music, if that were possible, and rereading my stories. some form of caffeine or sugar usually helps too. i usually have it in the form of tea or juice. not much of a pop or energy drink drinker, and the coffee in the house is mostly for my mom.
these next questions were left by who tagged me for this...
My questions for YOU~!
1)What is your prefferred art medium(OBVIOUSLY writing is art, guys D:<)?
my preferred art medium would be writing, as mentioned before, but i also like to draw and sometimes take photographs.
2)Have you ever spent time creating a world of a character with a lot of depth? If so, what was the process like for you?
i've spent a lot of time every now and then creating a character and sometimes a family for him or her, but i've never really thought about the world they live in.
3)Do you have a "happy place" you like to think about to get into a good mood? Where is it?
kind of. that happy place is usually a place involving music or books.
4)If you were a wizard, what would your animagus be and why?
oh, that's a tough one. there are so many abilities i want from animals, breathing underwater, flying, running faster, stronger muscles, hightened senses, i wouldn't know what to choose. my top animals would probably be tiger, fox, falcon, manta ray, dolphin, horse.....
5)Do you have a favorite famous person?
not really. i have favorites in certain groups: actors, singers, writers, etc., but i don't favor any particular person.
6)Describe your style in one word.
........... mine? idk
7)Have you ever filled a sketchbook or journal with your work? How many? (for strictly digital people, how many GB?)
i have once. i won a sketchbook in 8th grade for a string art i did for art class and filled it up around the second half of high school. i'm working on another sketchbook, and it's over half full now.
8)How far do you want to go with your work?
i dunno. like i said, i just write and draw for fun, so i don't really care about how far a go. i still want to get better, of course, but if i only get a little better that's fine with me.
9)Weapon of choice given a zombipocalypse strikes the globe?
you have to destroy the brain to kill zombies, right? so, i'll want something strong enough to take their head off or make their skull cave in enough to destroy the brain. don't want anything long range like a bow or gun, because i don't want to have to worry about running out of ammo, though something long range should probably be on hand just in case. probably some really strong bat, axe, sword, etc. something along those lines. haven't really thought about it.
10)Do you dream in color or black&white?
the last 2 I couldn't think of much D:<)
don't know. i don't remember my dreams.
okay. i guess it's my turn to ask questions?......
1) if you listen to music to get in the mood, what kind of music do you like to listen to? if not, just name a few favorite bands or something.
2) when in constant activity, your brain runs out of the sugars needing to function properly after 20 minutes. do you have anything you drink or snack on or any sort of activity to keep your brain functioning the way you want it to while you do what you do?
3) what got you started in your preferred art medium? a teacher? friend? books or movies? etc. what made you want to write, draw, or anything else you do that's considered art?
4) writing and drawing and whatnot is a lot of time sitting down. do you do anything to stay in shape? if you do, what do you do to stay in shape?
5) being on deviantart, it's kind of a given that you at least write, draw, cosplay, or take photographs. is there any type of art you don't show us that you like to do? crochet, knit, macrame (tying knots to create something), bead work, sew, etc.
6) where do you work on your art? your bedroom? study? at school? etc.
7) what do you think you are best at in your favored art medium and where are you lacking? for writers, this could be good with descriptions or action, and bad at dialogs or romance. for artists, this could be good at drawing eyes and hair, but bad at proportions or backgrounds.
8) do you create your own characters? if you do, what is the hardest part in the creation process? their looks? personality? something else entirely?
9) have you created your own world? what is the hardest part of that process? geography? language? culture? creatures? whether there's some form of magic or not?
10) how do you get better at what you do? take classes? ask for critiques? practice, practice, practice?
okay, i don't think i can think up more questions, so here you go. i tag these people. feel free to refuse, i'm just tagging 'cause the rules say so.